Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Share the love

As I mentioned before, I try to always think positive. Even on cloudy days, I like to focus on the silver lining because I know that just above the clouds, the sun is shining. But simply thinking positive isn’t enough. I also try to be positive. By that I mean letting my light shine and letting everyone around me know that I am happy.

Yesterday morning at our morning meeting, I made it a point to keep a smile on my face. Nothing particularly positive was going on, I just decided to smile. I can tell you that of the 12 people in the meeting, I was the only one with a smile on his face. All the rest of the people were frowning. It took all of 15 seconds for someone to ask why I was so “Darn happy.”

In a very happy voice, I just said “I am just happy to be here.” Silence filled the room and everyone stared at me. So I continued: “we all have great jobs and they pay us well. I like my job too which is why I am happy.” A few people made snide comments and there was some whispering going on after that so I just dropped it and continued to smile. They now all think I am crazy but in a happy kind of way. I can live with that.

Share that happy feeling,
Greg

5 comments:

  1. "Hello world there's a song that we're singin', come on get happy..."

    http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/mustlovedogs/comeongethappy.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg,

    You know you just started it and it's going to be contagious at work. They just don't know what to do with it all. Here is your joke for today:

    What do you call a fly with no wings?

    "A Walk"

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! That was you?

    Kidding, kidding! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude Greg and good for you rocking the boat on their misery, ha!

    ReplyDelete